j8zel j8zel is offline
Junior Member

Question Data Validation Drop down list to Autofill next column

Hi there!

I've been googling for the last 2 weeks trying to find the easiest way to create my worksheet - however i can't find much info. Basically what I want to create is
Column 1 = Names of people
Column 2 = Team Leaders
Column 3 = Department
There won't be an end to this sheet (so 1 sheet per year)

I have created 2 worksheet - 1 is called Log the other is Datas

What I want to happen is use the drop down list of names of people ( which I was able to create - by using data validation (that was easy).

Now the hard bit is, when I pick a name from the drop down list and I want their Team Leader to auto fill column 2 and on column 3 to auto fill their department.

I'm not sure if this is a Vlookup. It just seems so hard to figure out. If you know how to create this work sheet = please let me know. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Please be aware I'm UBER newbie w/ excel