brooklyn040204 brooklyn040204 is offline
Junior Member

Red face Not sure this is even possible...

Hello, I hope someone can help me, I'm not sure if what I want to do is possible.

I have a big spreadsheet which pulls stock information from the web. There is a tab for each company, and a front page which I have rolled the info I need into. On that front page I need to use some of the data in formulas, however, one of the sets of data is giving me problems.

I have pulled the number of outstanding shares, and when the data is displayed it adds an "M" to the number, so instead of showing 442,000,000 it will show 442M. I can't use this in a formula because of the "M" so I'm wondering (okay, hoping really really bad!) if there is any way to remove the pesky "M", either by changing the data range properties where I'm bringing the data in from the web or by formatting, or something in the formula itself.

Again, I'm not sure this is possible, so I'd appreciate any ideas. Thank you!!