sonic-the-mouse

Default Formula checking multiple worksheets

Hi!

This is way above anything I have done before. I entered the formula as
is and remembered CTRL SHFT ENTER, came back with automatic correction
of adding an * ",A1)*0,0))etc. This just returns #N/A.

OK, this will work if the lookup tables on all the sheets have the
same
layout. -ALL WORKSHEETS FOR THE MONTHS ARE THE SAME LAYOUT

Make a list of sheet names that need to be "searched". Say you put that
list
in H1:H12. Give that range a name, something like SheetList. -ENTERED A
NEW WORK SHEET NAMED SHEETLIST AND TYPED IN NAMES OF WORKSHEETS INTO
COLUMN A1:A12

The lookup value is entered in A1. - IN MY WORKSHEET C10

The lookup tables on all the sheets are in the range A1:C10. - IN MY
CASE A2:Z999

This example looks up the value in column A and returns the
corresponding
value from column 3 of the lookup table.

=VLOOKUP(A1,INDIRECT("'"&INDEX(SheetList,MATCH(TRU E,COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&SheetList&"'!A1:A10"),A1)0, 0))&"'!A:C"),3,0)

I cant follow the formula and was wondering if you could explain each
bit

Formula goes into cell G8 which looks for the info in C10 in all the
work books and then returns the information in the same row but in
Column O.

Sorry if I appear to be a bit thick but this appears far more advanced
than anything I've done before.

stm

--
sonic-the-mouse