Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mgbcab mgbcab is offline

Default Highlight exact match in column

Thanks this work great but now I another problem to address. I would like to
count the number of duplicate cells based this CF. I have tried VBA codes but
they do not seem to work with a formula based CF and only count manually
colored cells. I also could sort the colored cells then have a helper coulmn
to count them or just have a cell to count the column of CF cells.

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

Assuming the values resides in range A1:A10000
Select that range Format Conditional Format in 'Condition1' choose
'the formula is' type:
=COUNTIF(A1:A$10000,A1)1
select some background pattern color OK.
Micky

"mgbcab" wrote:

I have a column with 10000 entries. I want to highlight duplicate cells that
have the exact same text string order.
I would have the following:

Cap
Fernco Cap
Coupling
Coupling
Fernco Coupling
Fernco Coupling
Fernco Coupling
Fernco Coupling
Fernco Coupling
Where as the 1st 2 lines are not matching but the remaining would be
duplicates. I would like to highlight not delete these cells. Or find the 1st
one and cross-out the remaining.