Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
UKMAN[_2_] UKMAN[_2_] is offline

Default producing a report via a keyword - filtering and macros not suitab

help needed please........ I am not a formula expert so bear with me please.
I know filtering is available but I am trying to save effort as data goes
into a seperate report.

Basically I have a skill matrix spread worksheet I need to extract data from
using a keyword search so:

the dbase sheet is designed as:

Col a Col B through to Col Z
Row 1 Skill title i.e. Excel
Row 2 Name Knowledge level between 1 to 5 i.e. 2

Note there is about 100 rows of names.

example therefore is:
Excel word
Colin 2 3
Sarah 1 5
Pete 0 3

What I need to do is on a seperate worksheet is from a drop down list i.e
a1, select a title (listing the titles from col b through to col z)

in b3 and c3 downwards, List the names and that persons knowledge value i.e.

Drop down selection is [excel]

return in the report is
Colin 2
Sarah 1