Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PvZ PvZ is offline

Default Reference(s) to worksheets for building graphs

Hi OssieMac,

thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes, your interpretation is correct.
I am using: Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (12.0.6529.5000)

I also fully understand your solution and yes, I think that could work.
Although it is not the (preferred) solution I was looking for.
(the assignment here was that the owners of the various data (=worksheets)
would be able to all make the same graphs (to be used in their ppt files),
by simply selecting their worksheet. Depending on the need, I could simply
define new graphs, that would work for all sheets/data-owners.
Autofilter will work, but would not give me the desired solution/WoW.)

Anyhow, if nothing betters turns up, I will use your recommendation.
Will let you know how it turned out . . .
Thanks again !
Kind Regards,

Paul

"PvZ" wrote:

In my workbook I have multiple sheets.
I have a summary sheet, called: Graphs, consisting of (only) graphs,
build from the data from the various sheets. These graphs do not change.
I would like to determine (via the Graph-sheet), from which worksheet
the data should come from.

For a (particular) graph, the [chart data range] is, e.g.:
='Sheet100'!$F$6:$F$10
The value: "Sheet100" is what I would like to choose/vary;
- preferably by selecting a cell with the name of the sheet I want the
graph(s) made from (e.g. A1=Sheet100; A2=Sheet200 aso.
By seecting Cell A2 (on sheet: Graphs) the graphs will be build using the
data on Sheet200 . . . , or:
- by typing the name of a worksheet in a (fixed) cell
(e.g. typing: Sheet200 in Cell A1)

Note: all the worksheets have the same columns (but may vary in number of
rows, although this could be also made the same).
Hope you understand my question !

Regards,

Paul