Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Going Crazy with excel[_2_] Going Crazy with excel[_2_] is offline

Default Formula to average last 25 entries in a column?

Guess I have a duel question.
First, I have numerous columns of data, all numerical. New entries are
entered at the end of the column. Is there a formula to average just the
last 25 entries in the column? (Bottom of column up)
Second question pertains to the ability to "auto populate". I have a column
of names. (three dozen). I would then like to auto populate the single
column of names, matching the names with the average data obtained from the
above. (average of last 25, 50, 100,etc entries) Data changes daily?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.