rlutes

Default SUMPRODUCT using and INDEX function doesn't total

I could use some help determining my problem with a Sumproduct function.
I'm wanting to sum a list "M8:M14" if a criteria is met. Here's where
I'm getting in trouble.
I have a separate database or multi-row/multi-column array
(pl_Provider) with the first column a listing of items and in the third
column of the array I have assigned a value of "Yes" or "No" in the same
row for each item.

I'm having the formula look at a local range "G8:G14" and then do a
lookup in the array "pl_Provider" to determine if a Matching record
from column G exists and if it does to return the value from column 3,
"Yes" or "No". If it is Yes, I want to include the value in column M
in the sum.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(INDEX(pl_Provider,
MATCH(G8:G14,pl_Resources,0),3)="Yes"),(M8:M14))

The first array in Sumproduct doesn't seem to be giving me an array
value, but seems to only evaluate it for only the first value. What
don't I understand???

--
rlutes
rlutes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24038