Dave Peterson

Rename the sheet to A (or AA or AAA or AAAA) just to be able to save your work.

Then post back with the name you tried to use.

There's a limit of 31 characters and some characters can't be used in the
name--and there's at least one worksheet name you can't use "History". It's
reserved for Excel in xl97+.

Lisa Secrest wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to rename an excel worksheet but I keep getting a message that I
am using incorrect characters or too many spaces in the name, but I am not.
It will not let me continue work in the spreadsheet without correctly
renaming the worksheet. I am stuck. I would just close the program, but
unfortunately, I would loose to much data since I did not do a save since I
opened it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa

--

Dave Peterson