Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
malcolm malcolm is offline

Default Linking Columns between worksheets

Jacob, Hi,
Im sorry that I my example was unclear (it definitely was.) What I want to
do is the following: as I type the text into the End Bal sheet I want it to
be entered into the Hsk Assign sheet. I tried using the =End Bal!B5 formula
but it returns a €ś0€ť into the H5 cell of the Hsk Assign sheet until I type
either S, C/O, or BLOCK into C 5 of the End Bal sheet. This would be ok, but
if I have a blank cell such as B7, Im still stuck with a zero in H7 of the
Hsk Assign sheet. How do I get around this.
END BAL
4 B C D E F G H
5 S BLOCK
6 S
7 C/O
8 C/O
9 C/O S

Thanks,
Malcolm

My apologies

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

I am not sure I understood you correctly. In Hsk Assign!C10 and Hsk
Assign!I10 apply the below formulas respectively and copy down

='End Bal'!B5

='End Bal'!H5

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Malcolm" wrote:

I have a workbook and I would like to do the following: sheet 1 named €śEnd
Bal€ť has 8 columns. In 2 of the columns; cells B5:B22 and H5:H21 contain one
of the following; S, C/O, or BLOCK (text only). These designations are random
and change from day-to-day. I would like to link these cells to another
worksheet named €śHsk Assign€ť; with the cells C10:C27 and I10:I26. How is this
done? I am using Excel 2007.

Regards,
Malcolm