Aladin Akyurek

Tina M wrote:
I have a vlookup formula put in place to look at column M (a year), find
the matching year in column A on a different tab and return the value in
column B =VLOOKUP(M6,'ENR Index'!A:B,2)
Very simple formula.

The problem is - after the 6th line on the worksheet, the formula
returns a value of N/A.
I have sorted the sheet a number of different ways, but continue to
receive the same fomula in the 6th line.
I have entered False and True in the the formula but still come up with
nothing.

Can anyone assist with this?
Thank you

Try to run the TrimAll macro on A:B on ENR Index in order to remove
unwanted chars from the cell(s) of interest.

Moreover, if A:B is sorted in ascending order and you can maintain the
range sorted, keep your current VLOOKUP formula:

=VLOOKUP(M6,'ENR Index'!A:B,2)

If you nevertheless need an exact match, you can invoke the faster:

=IF(VLOOKUP(M6,'ENR Index'!A:A,1)=M6,VLOOKUP(M6,'ENR Index'!A:B,2),"Not
Found")