CLR

Dunno about Notes...........but for your second question you need to use
Absolute References rather than Relative References in the
formulas....................$A$2 instead of just A2, etc.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"OldOne" wrote in message
I'm putting together a business plan and I need to annotate an Excel
spreadsheet with endnotes. Is there anyway to make a note reference (e.g.
"Note 23") print in excel without typing it into a cell? In other words is
there any kind of automated system to be able to insert and renumber notes

so
that they can be printed out in a separate document, preferable, Word
document, and refer back to a particular line in the spreadsheet? What I'm
looking for is a Word type endnote function.

A second unrelated question, is how do you copy a formula and past it
without changing the cell references. This works when you cut and past,

but
I've found no way to make it work when you copy and past. Thanks.