Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default hello everybody.. question about .csv file...

A quick and dirty check would be to look for the @ character in the cell.

You could insert a new column adjacent to the column with the data and use:

=if(countif(a1,"*@*")=0,"Nope","Maybe")
Where A1 is the cell to inspect.

Drag it down as far as you need.

Sort by this column
Delete the Nopes
and start looking to see if you need better rules.

If you do, you may want to post back with more samples of what your data looks
like (in each cell).

yakir wrote:

i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in..
what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by
one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email
for them.. somthing like :

if (the cell's text is not an valid email address)
{
delete the cell ;
}

to be honest i dont know much about excel so i need somthing from
scratch..

thank you all very much..

--

Dave Peterson