Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Date without true value

If you're doing this on a monthly basis, I would think that the year would be
important, too.

=sumproduct(--(text(a1:a10,"yyyymm")="201001"))

This still expects your values to be real dates -- I'm hoping that you just
formatted the cells to display mm/yy.

Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007+).

=sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff changes trues and falses
to 1's and 0's.

Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail he

And J.E. McGimpsey has some notes at:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

Rubem wrote:

Hi,

I have a table that lists the invoice dates. On a monthly basis, I need to
write a report of how many invoices were issue, let's say, in January. I
converted the date mm/dd/yy into just mm/yy, but I still have the true value
in the background and when I try to count how many invoices were issued in
January, I get "0".

Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help.

Rubem