Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Date without true value

See if this does what you want.

As long as the dates are true Excel dates then this should work. Let's
assume the dates are in the range A1:A10. To count the number of dates for
a specific month:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A10)=n))

Where n = the month number of interest. 1 = January to 12 = December

Note that empty cells will evaluate as month 1 (January). To account for
that when counting for Janauary:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10<""),--(MONTH(A1:A10)=1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rubem" wrote in message

I have a table that lists the invoice dates. On a monthly basis, I need
write a report of how many invoices were issue, let's say, in January. I
converted the date mm/dd/yy into just mm/yy, but I still have the true
value
in the background and when I try to count how many invoices were issued in
January, I get "0".

Any suggestion?

Thank you for your help.

Rubem