Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Making a specific row number active from a cell entry

Right click on the sheet tab in questions and choose View Code from
the popup menu. That will open the code module for that worksheet.
There, paste the following:

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
Exit Sub
End If
If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A2"), Target) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.HasFormula = False Then
If IsNumeric(Target.Value) Then
If Target.Value 0 And _
Target.Value < Me.Rows.Count Then
Me.Rows(Target.Value).Insert
Application.EnableEvents = True

Change the reference to "A2" to the cell whose value controls which
row to insert.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Thu, 20 May 2010 08:29:01 -0700, Bilbo Baggs <Bilbo
wrote:

Hi,

I need to be able to insert a new row into a worksheet at row 'x' where 'x'
is determined by the value in a particular cell. So e.g. if the user enters
the number '34' into cell A2 I want to be able to wite a short macro that
will when run insert a new row into the worksheet at row 34. I just cannot
find a way to automate the process of selecting the require row number?

Strugling with this for hours - would appreciate any help. This is my first
ever online question. Hope it makes sense.

Thank you.