Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Reformatting Cells

Hi,

You could select this column then use

Data|Text to Columns

When running the wizard you may be able to get away with using 'Fixed Width'
or perhaps using space as a delimiter, it would depend on what the rest of
your data looked like.
--
Mike

question.

"tommygun715" wrote:

I have this in my column:
858+00.000 R 2
858+00.000 R 2
858+00.000 R 2
858+00.000 R 2
858+00.000 R 2
858+00.000 R 2

859+00.000 R 2
859+00.000 R 2
859+00.000 R 2
859+00.000 R 2
859+00.000 R 2
etc.. This progresses all the way to 1350+00 R 2. All I want to do is
remove the R 2 at the end, but keep the number. There must be a faster way
than deleting the R 2 in the formula toolbar, then copypaste in my column.
Thanks!