Myrna Larson

Jerry is a bona fide mathematician, so you won't get away with ad hoc
definitions of terms with him <g.

If you know how to calculate what you mean by "mathetimatical way of means",
then you should be able to create the appropriate formula in your worksheet.

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:06:07 +0800, "Aloysicus" wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I have used the sumproduct formula for a single day, single product.

With a single day and 2 or 3 products, how do I use the sumproduct formula
to calculate the weighted average of this day which takes all 3 products
into consideration.

Btw, mathematical means uses, taking the example I wrote below (Calls x
AHT)/Calls.

Aloysicus
"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote in message
You can calculate a weighted average as

=SUMPRODUCT(weights,numbers)/SUM(weights)

I haven't a clue what you mean by "the mathematical way of 'means'"

Jerry

Aloysicus wrote:

This is the example data that I have

Day1 Day 2 Day 3
Day 4
Calls 50 100 150
200
AHT 200 200
200 200

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3
Day 4
Calls 75 80 90
100
AHT 100 100 100
100

Is there a way to do weighted average without using the mathematical way
of 'means'?