Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
trip_to_tokyo[_3_] trip_to_tokyo[_3_] is offline

Default Sum of Certain Cells

On May 17, 6:41*pm, KarenA wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. *In one tab is the raw data which
contains an account number and a price for each shipment. *I have a summary
tab that lists each account number and the total number of shipments and
total revenue for each account number. *I used the "countif" function to add
up the number of shipments per account number, but can't figure out how to
add up the total revenue per account number. *I thought I needed to use the
"sumif" function, but I can't get it to work. *An example of the raw data is:

Acct# * Charge
E010124 13.92
E010124 13.92
E010157 13.92
E010199 38.83
E010124 13.92
E010231 13.92

An example of the summary sheet is:
Acct# * # Ships Total Revenue
E010082 19 * * *$339.64
E010091 1 * * * $46.71
E010124 12 * * *$669.39

Hi Karen, I have just put up a Workbook for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 108.

I have included a full explanation of how to set it up.

Thanks.