Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_2_] Bernard Liengme[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Formula to colourfill cells when condition met

Select all the data - I will assume each row foes fro A to G and that the
data starts on row 1
In the conditional formatting dialog use this formula
=COUNTIF($A1$:G1,"*~*~*~")
The ~ are needed to tell Excel not to treat * as a wildcard
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ferdy" wrote in message
I daily populate a sheet sent to me with answers (time & dates) of 1,2 or
3
star items, the 3 star items I manually fill with a certain colour. Is
there
any way of filling a row that contains a cell with 3 stars automatically
with
a designated colour. In this example colour filling the whole row because
one
of the cells contains ***

15-May bx3008 aaaaaaaaaaaa *** bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ccccccc