Bob Phillips

Ron,

It's horses for courses, some problems don't get solved by SUMPRODUCT, but
are by SUM(IF as an array formula.

In our tests we found that SUMPRODUCT was generally faster than array
formulae, but it only becomes noticeable on a busy, high density formula
worksheet.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
I work with some Excel users who never remember [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Enter],

but
will recognize the SUMPRODUCT function on the dropdown list and use it.
Others readily adopt CSE. Consequently, I go back and forth between using
SUMPRODUCT and CSE, depending on the situation. If I don't own the

workbook,
I tend towards SUMPRODUCT because users can find it in Excel Help if they
break a formula. Not the case with CSE; once it's broken they have no idea
how to get it back.

My question: Which method consumes less processor resources?

Ron