Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FlyersLady FlyersLady is offline

Default column widths keep changing in shared file

I created a file and set the default column widths to 14 characters. I then
shared the file so that my co-workers and boss could edit the file. Since
it's been shared, a portion of the column widths went back to the Excel
default of 8.43. I can't seem to get it to stay at 14. It causes the data
to show up as just ### because the columns are now too small. Does anyone
have a recommendation to fix this? Is there a way to change the setup for
all my new Excel files to be at 14? I can put the info into a new file if I
knew the columns would stay wide enough.

I'm using Excel 2007, btw.

Thanks for any help!