Dave Peterson

Toolbar settings are saved in a file with the extension .xlb.

close excel
Use windows start button|Search
to find all those *.xlb files.
Make sure to look for hidden files and through hidden folders.

Delete them all (or rename them to *.xlbOLD).

Then reopen excel and modify a toolbar (just a few to test)

close excel and reopen it to test it out.

If it worked ok, delete all those *.xlbOLD files.

(I'm guessing you've upgraded through various versions and a couple of *.xlb
files are fighting it out!)

By deleting all the old ones, the "real" one can win.

When you're done making all your real changes, find that file and store a copy
of it somewhere safe--if you need to recreate the toolbar, you can just delete
the *.xlb file and copy the backup into its proper home.

donny808 wrote:

MIKE MEDLIN wrote:
*I want to be able to set my Custom Toolbars to my personal favorite
settings
and then have Excel save those customized settings forever. Now,
whenever I
close and re-open Excel 2003 it always reverts back to the default
factory
settings, and I must spend 5 minutes re-setting them every time!!!
It is
incredibly frustrating.
MIKE MEDLIN
MIKEMEDLIN (remove *

Mike,

I am having the same problem, did you fix yours? If so, please help me
with mines...thanks.

Donny

--
donny808