Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KL[_2_] KL[_2_] is offline

Default Combination of IF, AND, and COUNTIF; need help

Thanks! Max, That formula works great!

=IF(COUNTIF(H8:H10,"F")0,"F",IF(COUNTIF(H8:H10,"P ")=3,"P",""))
Test it out, hit YES below for a thumbs up
The "=3" bit in the check for "P" is the number of cells in the range H8:H10
Note that you can sequence the IF checks to suit as it will be evaluated
from left to right

However, now I need a formula for a group of cells (not in a range) that
does the same thing.

For example,

H5 calculates the same thing but is based on cells H6, H14, and H18.

The cells aren't in a range. Is there a way this can be done. When I try to
replace a cell range in this formula with "H6,H14,H18" I get an error.

Thanks for your help (and anyone help who can help)!

I appreciate it!

Karen :)