jeunecorto

Default unexpected conversion trouble

I wanted to open an Excel file I hadn't been working on for a while, and
Excel couldn't do it.
After some investigations, I found that even if the file still had the
.xls extension, it seemed to be conveted in .doc format (in fact, when
I open it in notepad, I can see at the end some words that look like a
MSWord signature). I don't know how this happened, but I'm really
embarassed beacause i really need the data in this file.
I tried to change the extension to .doc, open the file in Word and then
import in Excel, but I can hardly see part of the file. What's more, it
is a 3-sheets document, and only part of the 1st sheet seem to be
visible.

If someone knows how I could (re)convert the file to a readale excel
document, I would be really grateful.

Christian

--
jeunecorto