bullseye

thank you both. it works.

however, I liked that Excel automatically launched a book. Now that I
suppressed the splash, only a blank Excel opens. This is still better
having the splash but, if I wanted a blank book (or sheet) to open as Excel
is launched, is there a way to do that while the splash is suppressed?

Append a /e to your shortcut.

"C:\mypath\to excel\excel.exe" /e

Note the <space before the /e

For more on starting Excel see Help on "starting excel" and read

"customizing
how excel starts".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:30:13 GMT, "bullseye"
wrote:

I was able to do so in Word but the same procedure is not working for

Excel.
How do I create a shortcut to launch Excel with the splash screen
suppressed? (I Googled this and was unable to find the solution there.)