Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default decap names from transferred data

Only with VBA

Sub Proper()
Dim Cell As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
Cell.Formula = Application.Proper(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 11 May 2010 09:00:01 -0700, Attman68
wrote:

I wanted to sharpen my question a bit. I'm trying to apply PROPER to my
entire Excel table. Right now, I'm doing one column at a time, but I'd like
to find a way to select the entire table and have the PROPER function apply
proper text capitalization to any data field that has such text. Is there a
way to do that? Thanks!

"goathead" wrote:

How do I decap names that come across in all capital letters when I transfer
data.
I am usinga csv format.