Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Yegod Yegod is offline

Default Data Validation - Conditional List

Are these data validation dropdowns?

"Scott" wrote:

I have two drop down windows and I want the list of values available in drop
down two to be dependent on the selection from the first drop down.

Example:
Drop down #1 - Department
1. Accounting
2. HR
3. Marketing

Drop down #2 - Projects to Charge
1. Accounting can charge projects: 1,2,3
2. HR can charge projects: 2, 3, 4, and 5
3. Marketing can charge projects: 6, 7, and 8

How can I populate my list for the second drop down based on the selection
from the first drop down? For example, if someone selects HR for the 1st drop
down, how do I make my 2nd drop down list to show projects 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Thanks,
Scott