Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Resize columns wider for pick list

hi
when adjusting column widths and row heighths, its an all or nothing deal.
you cann't adjust part of a column to different widths than the rest of the
column. same for row heighths. at times it may seem that you can but this may
be to the illusion of merged cells.

regards
FSt1

"Joe M." wrote:

I have some code that widens certain colums when clicked upon so I can see
the pick list entire width but don't need the column to stay that width after
selecting the pick list. The code works correctly, however I don't need it to
apply to the entire column, only to certain cells or a range. The code is
below. What changes would I need for particular cells or a cell range within
a column?
Thanks,
Joe M.

Option Explicit
Dim myColumns As Variant
Dim myWidthSelected As Variant
Dim myWidthNormal As Variant
Dim iCtr As Long

myColumns = Array("a", "b", "c", "f")
myWidthSelected = Array(30, 40, 30, 40)
myWidthNormal = Array(21, 26, 21, 4.14)

If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub

For iCtr = LBound(myColumns) To UBound(myColumns)
If Intersect(Target, _
Me.Cells(1, myColumns(iCtr)).EntireColumn) Is Nothing Then
Me.Cells(1, myColumns(iCtr)).EntireColumn.ColumnWidth _
= myWidthNormal(iCtr)
Else
Me.Cells(1, myColumns(iCtr)).EntireColumn.ColumnWidth _
= myWidthSelected(iCtr)
End If
Next iCtr

End Sub