PeterM

Hello Ron, it worked , I can't tell you how much I appreciate you for your
wonderful help............May something real good happen to you soon, you
made it happen for me.............Peter

"PeterM" wrote in message
I will try that as soon as I get to work, many many thanks Ron, I will
report back.....Peter

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Before trying anything complicated, this might work for you:

1)If there is data to the right of the names column, copy the column to a
new sheet
2)Select the list
3)DataText to columns
Delimited........[Next]
Check Comma, Space, and Treat consecutive delimters as one
Click the [Finish] button.

Does that help?

Ron

Ron

"PeterM" wrote:

I just got a list of customers we need to write about a new store
opening.
However, I noticed that the first cell contained the last name of the
customer, then it has a comma, and then it has the first name. How can I
change that to last name in one cell and first name in another.I would
of
course buy the program that will do that if there is no way to change
that
w/o a special program. O yes yes, how about stripping the duplicates out
of
the list, is there a way to do that as well. I'm an old guy, that used
excel for a while, but I can't remember anything anymore,
honestly...........Any help is appreciated............Peter