Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
This reminds me of Microsoft's decision about 10 years ago to cancel
the MVP program. Notice was unceremoniously given to us on a Wednesday
or Thursday and the trade press and general users blasted MS's
decision on Friday and over the weekend. (I was quoted in the Boston
Globe about the MS decision.) Within a few days, the MVP program was
re-instated. Perhaps now MS will hear from the trades and the users
that dumping NNTP is an equally bad decision and perhaps they will
reconsider it.

Yoiu know that isn't going to happen Chip, they have dug their heels in,
they don't even respond to any of these concerns, and they are starting to
close them on the MS servers next month.

As suggested, we should just all ignore it, sign up to free NNTP servers,
there are some out there (Eternal-September (sounds like a terrorist group
<g), absilan), and just ignore MS' decision. You even get effective spam
cntrol with these.