Tushar Mehta

Suppose your data are in A2:B{whatever}. Enter the notes you want in
C2:C{whatever} for only those points for which you want said notes.
Now, set the datalabels to C2:C{whatever}.

Yes, all points will have datalabels attached to them. But they will
be empty with the exception of what you enter.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , "=?
Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBTZXh0b24=?=" <Paul
says...
Tushar,

Thanks for your reply. The data labels seem to want to show data for more
than a single point. I am using these callouts to record information on
control charts where there are assignable causes for data points outside of a
normal distribution. I have tried both programs without much success.

Paul

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

You could use a datalabel instead of a callout. Not the same visual
effect but...

If you do decide to go that route, you may want to use Bovey's XY
Chartlabeler (
www.appspro.com) or Walkenbach's ChartTools (www.j-
walk.com).

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article , "=?
Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBTZXh0b24=?=" <Paul
says...
Does anyone know a way to keep the pointer of a callout assigned to a point
in a graph? I am trying to add additional data points to graphs and my
callouts don't follow the point. Is there a way to do this without moving
the call out every time?