Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Dave is offline

Default Nested If Statements

Thanks Ron,

Works like a charm

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Thu, 6 May 2010 13:02:01 -0700, Dave wrote:

Hoping someone can help.

I have a sheet that has 12 months of data going across 12 columns. Each
column has a heading for each month i.e 1, 2 ,3 ... There are multiple rows
of data. I need a formula that will sum the columns of data based on the
month that is entered in cell A1. For example, if I enter 5 in cell A1, I
want the YTD formula to add up only the first 5 months of data.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I assume you want to sum everything that is in one row:

=SUM(OFFSET(B2,,,1,A1))

Change B2 to the cell that has the data for January in the row of choice.

--ron
.