David McRitchie

Hi Mike,
Turn off transition navigation.
Tools, Options, transition, turn off navigation

Turn off all Lotus 1-2-3 transition options, they will only
mess you up. Learn to use Ctrl+Home to get you to
cell A1.
---
HTH,

"Mike J" wrote in message ...

I'm using Excel 2000, and for no apparent reason the Tab button has
mysteriously stopped working properly. Instead of moving 1 cell to the
right it now moves me to the next of the 1st, 16th, 31st, 46th, 61st...
column. CTRL+left or right does the same thing. CTRL+up or down seems
to work properly. I've got Excel 97 on my machine as well and that
seems to work fine.

Any ideas.

--
Mike J