bala_vb bala_vb is offline
Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Franklin Saunders View Post
I'm using vlookup in excel to pull select data from a worksheet. The problem
is that the value I'm seeking isn't always in the table array. So, I get a
#n/a error. The #n/a then prevents me from summing the data that I'm
collecting using the vlookup. How do I make the #n/a go away or equal zero
so I can sum the data?

alternatively you can use SUMIF function instead of vlookup, this will avoid the #na error results.

please refer to attached spread sheet

PS: This will work only, when you are trying to pull NUMERIC results, not for strings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SUMIF_EXAMPLE.zip (6.9 KB, 106 views)
Thanks
Bala