Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dza7 dza7 is offline

Default Pivot Table Help - Gross Margin % & % of Sales

Hello,

I have a challenging pivot table issue that I hope I can get some help
on.

Here is the spreadsheet I'm working with:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/O...SU90d0UwTVE9PQ

I'm having problems with showing percentages in my pivot table such as
gross margin and operational profit. Here is the P&L pivot table as I
have it now, as you can see I can't get the "Gross Margin %" to output
a number. Both "Gross Margin %" and "Operational Profit %" are
calculated fields I've added to the pivot table since the raw data
only includes sales, cost of goods sold & expenses.

I believe that this has something to do with the detail that I want to
show in different parts of the P&L. With that in mind I've attempted
to add new fields to the data to help but still no success. I can add
as much as it is needed to the data to make this work (outside of
changing the first column and the PTD, QTD & YTD figures which are
output from our system) but I'm at a standstill.

Can someone help!?! I have to roll this out amongst different
divisions and it's going to be a killer tool if I can figure it out!

Thanks in advance.

Dvpetta
Dza