Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] alanglloyd@aol.com is offline

Default How to insert Checkbox in excel to simply click and tick it?

On May 5, 6:46�am, Keegan wrote:
I just wanted to know how I can create a Check Box in Excel where I can
simply chick the box and it gets Ticked.

Assuming you may not know _exactly_ how to do it <g . . .

1 Right-Click on a blank area of the menu area
2 On the list which appears click on Forms
3 Click on the CheckBox in this Forms toolbar.
4 Off the toolbar the mouse turns into a hair-cross
5 Click where you want the CheckBox to appear
6 Drag the shaded outline to position it accurately
7 Right-click within the shaded area but not in the checkbox
8 In the context menu which appears select Edit Text to change or
remove the text, dragging the shaded outline to size it.
9 In the right-click context menu (as in 7-8) select Format Control
10 Select the Control tab
11 Set the initial setting of the control box
12 Click in the Cell Link entry box, then click in the cell where you
want to place or receive the checkbox status
13 Click OK on Format Control

Alan Lloyd