Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mm mm is offline

Default counting how many times a certain month appears

That's awesome. It works for me.
Thanks for spelling it out for me. Wasn't quite sure of myself and didn't
want to screw up the rest of my work. Thanks again Luke.

MM

"Luke M" wrote:

Yes, you want to use:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH('Montreal Office'!A3:A5000)=5))

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT('Montreal Office'!A3:A5000,"ddd")="May"))

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"MM" wrote in message
Hi all,

Fourth try's a charm....I'm getting errors trying to post my question.
Here
it is...
1 workbook, 4 worksheets each named for a different office.
Column A for each sheet is the date in the following format 03-May-10.
I need to count how many times May appears in column A, range A3:A5000,
from
the 'Montreal Office' worksheet. I thought I could use =countif but from
other posts, it seems maybe =sumproduct is the better option. I need your
help. My stats are due pretty soon.

Looking forward to your replies.
MM

.