Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Reference Column of Named Cell vba

Dim iColumn as long
icolumn = worksheets("somesheetname").range("StaffHeader1"). column

Isis wrote:

Dave Peterson wrote in
:

Dim myCell as range
set mycell = worksheets("somesheetname").range("SomeRangeName")

Then you can use something like:

msgbox mycell.column

Isis wrote:

I have named a cell on sheet - how doe I reference just the column
property of that named cell in vba on another sheet in the same
workbook please ?

Thanks

Hi Dave - thanks for the reply - that certainly looks like it does the job
but....

Is there no way to directly extract the column something like this (pseudo
code);

iColumn = Column(StaffHeader1)
Sheet6.Cells(3, iColumn + 1).Value = iStaffName

not complaining as your way will work, just a lot of code !

Thanks for taking the time to answer - appreciated

Regards

--

Dave Peterson