Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default remove the date, leave the time

T. wrote on Sat, 1 May 2010 11:00:53 -0400:

=--SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,20)," (ET)","")

Format as hh:mm

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Matrix" wrote in message
Hi all. I have a problem. I have a data set that must be
copied and pasted into Excel and one of the columns contains a date
and time in this format:

3/31/2010 4:18:00 PM (ET)

Now I can do a simple search and replace to get rid of the
(ET) part, but what I want to do is this. If the data is in
cell 'A1', I want to have cell C1 show JUST the time in a
24hr format. Is there a way to strip the date data out and
convert the time to 24hr format? Thanx!

As far as I can tell, after you remove the "(ET)", a simple Format
cells Time will work.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland