Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Dunn Steve Dunn is offline

Default Multiple AND OR functions

There are simpler ways of stating your formula, but it currently does as
described. What your formula does not do, and you do not describe, is what
you want to happen when neither condition is true. Before we attempt to
simplify it, you need to clarify that.

"Woodi2" wrote in message
Is it possible to make this function work?

=IF(AND(AND($B9="Z",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M",J9="C") ),1000,IF(AND(AND($B9="A+",AE9=35),OR(J9=1,J9="M", J9="C")),750))

I need to find out if Cell B9 = Z and if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then
check cell J9 and check if it equals 1, M or C then return the value as
1000.
(that bit works OK)
I also want it to check if an alternative statement is true if the first
is
false whereby it checks the the same set of cells but this time, check if
B9
=A+, if Cell AE9 = 35, if this true then check cell J9 and check if it
equals
1, M or C then return the value as 750. I can get each function to work
individually but dont know how to combine it into one function.