Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Hark2k Hark2k is offline

Default Pick List + Alphabetical Skip To or Auto Complete

I have an excel file with a long list of names. We have it set up to do a
pick from list but we'd like to allow the user to type a letter and the list
will automatically skip to the names that start with that letter. For
instance, if they open like list and type "K" it will go to the list of names
that begin with K.

We are also interested in figuring out how to set up an Auto complete
function so that if the user starts typing in the persons name in the cell,
the list will narrow to only names that match the string of letters. In other
words, if the user starts to type "Jo" it will pull up Jones, Johnson and
Jonas. or if they continue to type and get to "Joh" it will leave only
Johnson.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!!!