Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default result given from content of selected cells.

Hi,

Is this it

=IF(COUNTIF(B1:B7,"xxx")=7,"Pass","Maybe fail")
--
Mike

question.

"Rik_A" wrote:

the COUNTIF function only adds up the cells contents and give a number result
on the number of the matching criteria.
(B1:B7 with the contents of x, the function =COUNTIF(B1:B7,"x") give the
result of "7")
what i am looking for is,
should cell B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 and B7 contents equal "x" the show result
"Pass" (the cells B1:B7 being the pass criteria for my work) but if 1 of the
7 cells show no content then that result is nullified.
*apologies for not creates a clear image"

i originally thought of "=IF(B1:B7=x,pass,null)" but realise this wouldn't
work. i hope this helps in the understanding.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure I fully understand gut how about this

=COUNTIF(B1:B7,"XXX")

Where XXX is the string your looking for. Or if your looking for numbers try

=COUNTIF(B1:B7,1)
--
Mike

question.