Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ozgrid.com ozgrid.com is offline

Default Vlookup - Returning 2nd match

See
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ultimate-e...p-function.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
www.ozgrid.com
"MarkinArk" wrote in message
Quick question on returning the 2nd match of a vlookup . I am tracking
multiple major league baseball teams' win/loss streaks, and have the
results
listed by date. I was doing fine, until the Mets and Dodgers had a
double-header yesterday, and now had 2 entries for that date. I know I
can
test for multiple dates using Countif(A1:A4 4/27/2010) but don't know how
return the 2nd match of the row of the vlookup.
A B
4/26/2010 POSTPONED
4/27/2010 W 4-0
4/27/2010 W 10-5
4/28/2010 W 7-3

vlookup(4/27/2010, a1:b4, 2, false) so that I get W 10-5 (where the
first
vlookup returns W 4-0). Thanks for any help.

Mark