Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DEE DEE is offline

Default Excel Formula

Hi Eduardo

the numbers are manually typed. You put this formula in cells E1, E2 and E3
to get the 300, 200 and 400 answers

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,
I type your example and I tested the formula, are your values being typed or
imported from another source?, check if you don't have blank spaces or do the
exercise I did manually copying the numbers

"Dee" wrote:

Hi Eduardo

thanks for you help....however this formula is giving me a "0" answer??

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(D2=$A$2:$A$9),--(D2<=$B$2:$B$9),$C$2:$C$9)

copy formula down

"Dee" wrote:

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me with this formula I need. I need to look up
where cell D1 falls between columns A and B and give me the answer in column
C in column E..is this even possible? Thanks for your help

A B C D E

1 10 14.9 200 16 300
2 15 19.9 300 14.9 200
3 20 24.9 400 22 400