Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bwong bwong is offline

Default Footer help please

Thanks Gord.

Can you please lead me with baby steps to create the macro then save it?

I also like to make the footer a default for all new sheets/books. How can I
do this too? The footer to display the saved file name in 8pts.

Cheers
Ben

Not possible AFAIK without changing default Font at ToolsOptionsGeneral
which is a global setting for all new Excel workbooks.

You probably wouldn't like the 8 pt font for column and row headers as
well
as default font size in cells.

I suggest a quick macro saved in your Personal.xls

Sub Set_Footer_Font()
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = "&""Arial,Regular""&8"
End With
End Sub

That will set the font size to 8 pt for whatever you enter as a left
footer.

Which could also be set in the above macro.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:31:11 GMT, "bwong" wrote:

I would like to make a change so it becomes default.

It is in Print Preview - Setup - Header/Footer tab. I want to make the
font
size 8 as default, I think the current default is 10.

Is this possible?