Edward Letendre

Default trying to open an excel file in excel 2003

Okay, I have a bit of a strange situation, which seems to be usual for me.
In any case, here goes:

I am running windows xp home edition with office 2003 standard edition (the
one where access 2003 is missing). Anyway, I have been trying to open an
excel spreadsheet within in excel 2003 (naturally). For some reason, no
matter how I try and open the file, the spreadsheet opens and displays a
blank spreadsheet, without any data, but the cell display at the top of the
window shows the cells and their values. Also a few of the menu options are
grayed out.

I tried using the following solution found here to correct the problem:

tools menu, options sub menu and then the general tab and I have the option
ignore other applications unchecked.

I did not try to run excel /unregserver and then excel /regserver as I have
some applications running in the background at the moment.

The strange thing is that if I take the same excel spreadsheet files and
open them on another user's computer, the files open just fine. I have been
able to open the files on a computer that is running windows 98 and office 97
as well as a computer that is running windows xp professional and office 2003
(also without access 2003).

The problem was corrected before by using a command or running some program,
but for the life of me, I cannot remember what was done to correct the
problem. If someone can suggest what I should be doing to fix this problem,
then I will be very grateful.

Edward Letendre.