Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Simon Simon is offline

Default Data Validation to exclude blank cells

Hi,
Please help...
I have a list spreadsheet with invoice details on it. SHEET 1 - Column A
lists invoice numbers. Column B lists individual items on the invoice (i.e.
parts sold). Further information in column C to F (invoice date, amounts,
etc)
On SHEET 2, I want to create a validation list which you can use to select
invoice numbers. Once an invoice number is selected, vlookup will be used to
pull through information in column C to F.
I know how to use vlookup, and to create custom lists so there is no problem
there.
The problem I do have is column A has blanks in it (i.e. one invoice number
to many parts sold). When I try to use Data Validation, it shows the blanks
in the drop-down. I would like to know if there is any way of removing those
blanks, so that only the invoice numbers pull through to the data validation.
Thanks in advance for your help...
Simon