Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joemc911 joemc911 is offline

Default Finding data within a worksheet made up of links

Hi Gord. I have checked to make sure I was looking in Formulas but here's a
new twist I hadn't discovered until this prompted me to try something else.

I used Find and was able to locate every cell I wanted by looking in
"Values" but find and replace does not allow me that option, only look in
"formulas". This tells me I definitely need to find some way to identify the
value search in a macro or formula that will then allow me to change the
contents of the cell, actually the cell properties such as color, when I can
find the data value I search for.

Any more ideas that might help?

Thanks for the response!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

When using EditFind make sure you have "Lookin:" option set to Formulas.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:05:01 -0700, joemc911
wrote:

This should be simple, at least I would think so, but I can't find a way to
do it. I have a workbook that imports data from another workbook, then
populates another sheet with which I produce my output. The output sheet
shows all the appropriate date but the cell reference is simply the link to
another worksheet.

For example: My sheet shows the number 100 but in the cell it reads
=otherworkseet!a1 (the source from which the data is extracted.

I want to find out how I can use find or a formula to show me every cell
that has the 100 in it without converting it to raw data. Simply using Find
does not locate any data. The result may be identical to other cells but it
comes from seperate locations. I will have a few dozen types of data I will
be trying to find in this manner and probably use replace to give the
intended effect, or if it helps me with creating a formula to look things up
automatically I can perhaps create a handy macro. For now, though, I would
be very happy with just being able to find the information more easily than
to manually identify each cell myself. I am also looking to eliminate the
human error that comes along with the manual identification.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you might provide!

.