Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
אלכס מגן אלכס מגן is offline

Default Formatting toolbar is not displayed

Hi Dave.

Thank you for your excellent advice.
Upon deleting 3 *xlb files the problem disappeared.
Regards.
Alex
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I would try removing (or at least moving) the file that excel uses to keep track
of toolbar modifications.

(Saved from a previous post)

Close excel
use windows search to look for *.xlb
and delete all that you find (or move them to a safe location if you're worried)

And remember to look through hidden folders, too. People can have trouble
finding them.

If you can't find your files using windows start button|Search, then you could
use an old DOS command to search and delete/move them

Windows Start button|Run
type:
CMD
(to get to the Command prompt)

C:
(to get to the C: drive--change this to the drive that excel is installed on)

cd\
(to get to the root directory)

dir *.xlb /s

The /s says to search subfolders, too.

(There could be multiple *.xlb files depending on your excel upgrade path.)

==========

After you've deleted this (these??) *.xlb file (or moved it), try opening excel
once more. Then see if the formatting toolbar.

If that doesn't work, I'd try changing to a different printer. Lots of crashes
in Windows/Excel are blamed on printer drivers.

If that doesn't work, I'd try the Detect and Repair option under Excel's Help
menu.

???? ??? wrote:

On opening Excel 2003 the formatting toolbar is not displayed.
Trying to display it the system freeze and i get a message error:
Flags: Ox00000000
Code: Oxc000005
Address: Ox0000000030d00777
Record: Ox0000000000
I tried to reset the toolbars parameters but it did not help.
Does somebody know the solution to this situation?
Thank you.
Alex Magen

--

Dave Peterson